Kevin Kearon is a widely experienced, powerful and versatile 25-year former prosecutor and veteran of state and federal criminal trial courts in New York. He has extensive experience defending major felonies including murder, DWI-related manslaughter, sex crimes, white collar crimes, narcotics trafficking, and medicaid, no-fault, mortgage and tax fraud.
He is a past president of the Nassau Criminal Courts Bar Association and former chair of the Technology and Practice Management Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association. He is a former chief of the Mental Health and Hygiene Unit of the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office.
Kevin is a partner at the Garden City criminal defense and civil rights law firm of Barket, Marion, Epstein & Kearon, LLP.
He lectures on a variety of topics related to the criminal law.
During a very stressful time in my life, I had the good fortune of meeting Kevin Kearon. I was faced with losing my children, one to jail, and one in a custody battle. During these most difficult times, Kevin stood by me and my children with dignity, intelligence, excellent advice, and incomparable legal skills. I don't know how I could have gotten through these battles without Kevin by my side. He is beyond a great lawyer, he is a human being with compassion, high morals, and deep concern for his clients and their families. He commands respect in and out of the courtroom. I wouldn't trust the fate of my family with anyone else but KEVIN KEARON!
Arlene Stein, Brooklyn, NY
If you or someone you care for are accused of a crime and you've been fortunate enough to be guided to Kevin Kearon, your search for a lawyer should end. A brilliant and aggressive advocate, Kevin is a truly compassionate legal professional who will help you achieve the best possible resolution of your case.
William Petrillo, Esq., Rockville Centre, NY
Members of the legal profession who are considered by their peers to be outstanding trial attorneys come from different backgrounds, often have different styles, and practice in many different areas, yet all have certain common traits, including persistence, intelligence, confidence, and empathy. Having attended law school with Kevin, having served with Kevin as fellow prosecutors in the Nassau County District Attorney's Office, and having observed Kevin on trial, I know that Kevin is one of those rare people.
John McEntee, Esq., Partner, Farrell, Fritz, P.C., Uniondale, NY
Kevin has been counsel to my firm since 1997. He has defended, with great success, important employment discrimination and civil rights claims brought against our clients. He has also represented our firm in many administrative proceedings with the same great results. Kevin's skill as a trial lawyer is, in my experience, unparalleled and our clients have been consistently impressed with his performance. Having Kevin as our counsel allows us to provide the highest quality trial and litigation services to our clients in a cost effective manner. I highly recommend Kevin.
Vincent Toomey, Esq., Lake Success, NY
Kevin Kearon has spent the last twenty years vigorously representing his clients and defending their rights. He considers every angle, leaves no stone unturned and has a record of success that is the envy of any trial attorney in New York State.
Milton Grunwald, Esq. Garden City, NY
It's not very often that we see someone who truly cares and is willing to put in the hard work to "fight for you". Kevin Kearon is such an attorney
Dana Grossblatt, Esq., Jericho, NY
I've known Kevin for about twenty years and I consider him one of the best lawyers in Nassau County.
John Marshall, Esq., Former President, Nassau Criminal Courts Bar Ass.
As president of Empire Bail Bond Agencies, it has been an honor to know Kevin Kearon for over a decade. As a criminal defense attorney Kevin has defended many of Empire's most high profile clients. As a longstanding member and past president of the Nassau County Criminal Courts Bar Association, Kevin remains a strong leader for the constitutional rights of all defendants and is well respected by the bar and by the judiciary. I strongly recommend his expertise.
Michelle Esquenazi, President, Empire Bail Bond Agencies, Hempstead, NY
Areas of Practice
- 100% Criminal Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1990
- St. Johns University Law School
- J.D. - 1985
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- B.A. cum laude - 1982
- Major: History
- Newsday OpEd - Feb. 27, 2011 Introducing Doubt - Why the Failure of Nassau County Crime Lab Needs Thorough Investigation, Newsday, 2011
- “Ethical Considerations in Handling the DWI Case” - New York, NY, NYC CLE, 2011
- “Legal / Ethical / Scholarship / Eligibility Consequences of Bad Behavior” - Stony Brook University, Stony Brook University, 2011
- “How to Win a Child Sex Abuse Case with a Signed Confession and a Handwritten Letter of Apology” - Nassau County Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association, 2009
- “Sharpening Your Trial Skills” - Amityville, NY, CLE Title Insurance, 2007
- “How to Try a Criminal Case”, Pace University School of Law, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Criminal Courts Bar Association of Nassau County, Past President, 1992 - Present
- Nassau Bar Association, Former Chair- Technology and Practice Management, 2008 - 2010
Past Employment Positions
- Nassau District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1985 - 1989
- Law Office of Kevin Kearon, Trial Attorney, 1989 - 2011